i made a spineless cactus cake! i say ‘spineless’ as in it literally doesn’t have any spines, but i guess you could give it to someone who’s acting like a coward to send a message?? it’s a metaphor.
the cake is dark chocolate and the frosting is flecked with orange zest. i cut the cactus shape out of dark green marzipan and left it, but you could pierce it with toothpicks or dry spaghetti for a fiercer, spinier look.
blogspiration for the week:
- this glazed chocolate blueberry cake with cookie crumb crust. it’s shaped like a teardrop!
- this mad mexi nacho pizza. wert??
- these chicken pitas, tabbouleh, and yogurt sundaes. so minty.
- these bacon waffles with bourbon butter and blueberry syrup. alliteration!
- this semolina halva with honeyed apricots. AHHHHH!!!!
- this shroomy risotto. ‘one bite will take you on a trip.’ kidding.