I made the New York ones for a friend who was going away; I used a combination of black licorice
I made these because I have no life.
BASIC CAKE POP STEPS:
1. Make a cake. It can be using a cake mix, but from scratch is always better! You can taste the difference. Let it cool fully.
2. Using a food processor or your fingers, crumble up the cake.
3. I can’t give you an exact amount of frosting, but you will probably need between 1/4 and 1/2 cup. This can also be canned or homemade – I love how cream cheese frosting tastes in everything ever. Add the frosting to the crumbs, tablespoon at a time, until you can squeeze the mixture together and it will hold, but it’s not too sticky. Form golf ball sized balls and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Melt a few melting wafers in the microwave. It should only take a minute. Take the cake balls out of the freezer. One by one, dip a lollipop stick into the melted wafers then stick it into a cake ball. You’ll have to work fast because the cake loses its chill and starts to come apart. Refreeze the ones that you haven’t put the stick in yet if necessary. Once you’ve done all of them, put them back in the freezer for an hour.
5. Melt a lot of melting wafers in the microwave in a tall glass. More than you think you need, because it’s good to have some excess. Remove the pops from the freezer and dip them in the melted wafers, using a spoon to help cover the balls completely. Remelting may be necessary because the wafers tend to get stiff and not smooth.
6. Decorate! The coating will dry very quickly, so be sure to add sprinkles/marzipan/cookie crumbles/whatever you want as soon as possible.
- red velvet with cream cheese frosting
- carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- coconut cake with cream cheese frosting
- banana with honey frosting
- mocha with mocha and caramel buttercream
- pink lemonade cake with lemon buttercream
- apple spice with cream cheese frosting
- olive oil cake with rosemary buttercream
- rhubarb cake with mascarpone cream
- fudge with peanut butter frosting
- white cake with peppermint buttercream
ps hi austin