over the week, my attitude toward orange is the new black season three progressed from ‘pretty excited’ to ‘uncontrollably jittery with anticipation.’ netflix released it on friday, and i’m proud to say that i have watched all thirteen episodes.
the jitters were partially due to the daily consumption of the huge cookies and cookie sandwiches shown above. i’m interning at daisy cakes, and my compensation is an infinite supply of cupcakes, cookies, bars, scones, tarts, bread pudding, macarons… life’s pretty tough. i’ve never considered myself a cookie person (i’m actually impressively incompetent when it comes to making them), but daisy cakes has me questioning that. from top to bottom:
nutter butter – light, fluffy peanut butter frosting sandwiched between two palm-sized peanut butter cookies; chocolate chip – studded with chocolate discs and flakes of fleur de sel; bacon gingersnap – firm but chewy, made with bacon fat, bacon bits, and love; oatmeal cream pie – two thick oatmeal raisin cookies stuffed with classic vanilla frosting
honestly, the place should be called daisy cookies. they’re insanely good.
- this tomato and egg breakfast pizza. game changer.
- these diy wallpaper cakes. not sure who has time to do this, but still incredible.
- this self-saucing mocha pudding. like a pizookie but fudgier.
- these banana split rolls. vegan. hmmm.
- this spicy cheese bibimbap. bibibiibimmmmabbiabip!
- this red wine cake. with cinnamon and chocolate.
- this brownie cheesecake with chocolate mousse. i’m in.
- this purple cabbage risotto with smoked cheese. gooey, colorful, and wonderfully pungent.